The aztec city
The so-called Historic Center of Mexico city used to be the heart of the Aztec city between the XIVth and the XVIth century. Below the Cathedral, churches, squares and buildings corresponding to the Colonial era there are the remains of what once was a great empire…
You will be able to understand history of the Aztecs from its origins, discovering the exceptional way in which they built their city in an island and expanded it through a floating terraces system, its development and main transformations until the arrival of the Spaniards and the conquest war. You will learn about their cosmovision, religion, social and economic organization.
With that purpose you will visit the most important vestiges that preserve the memory of this culture:
- Templo Mayor archaeological site, which was the most important temple of the Aztecs.
- Site Museum, to admire the most outstanding pieces discovered during the excavations.
- Archaeological site of Tlatelolco, with the vestiges of a second Aztec temple.
- A selection of material remains belonging to this culture.
TUESDAY TO SUNDAY
Approx. duration: 5 hours |. Departure time: 9 am.
* Price based on the number of participants
For a quotation/booking please email us
(+52) 55 2575 2545
|The aztec city|